Cold, Warm, Warmer...Hotline!

Welcome to The Hotline. I will express my point of view on several different topics such as mass media, films, music, literature, and fashion. Sit down and buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reflecting Knowledge from TCF 155

This past spring semester, I decided to take the TCF 155 freshmen seminar with Dr. Raimist at the last minute to total 15 hours of credit. I thought it would be a good class because it involved aspects of my major and covered several relatable topics. The class covered personal identity on social networking sites and video sharing websites. Entering class on the first day, I didn’t have any expectations. I went in very opened minded and looked forward to learning different forms of media. But I didn’t think that in 2 hours and a half, each week with a small group of students and a well qualified professor that I would learn about myself as a person, about how my peers view the word, and about how influential the forms of media have on our thoughts and decisions in life. This class was out of the box, full of energy, and allowed me to think far and beyond. I explored knowledge far and beyond through readings both academic and unscholarly, watched mindboggling movies that ignited intense discussions and even sat down with popular underground music artists from Detroit.  After each class, we were able to further express ourselves on our personal blogs we created at the beginning of the year. Every week, I looked forward to coming class and expanding my knowledge along with great, intelligent people. I thank Dr, Raimist and each of my classmates for allowing me to join them on this media journey. This class was by far my best class all semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment